Pin It simply southern: Snow Day Baking

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snow Day Baking

If you know me personally, you know I get stir crazy if I am stuck in the house for too long, so today to keep myself busy, I decided to find a recipe and bake. I went to good ole' faithful Pinterest, and found a recipe for Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread. Here is the recipe I found, and some photos of my snow day baking. 



This recipe makes one loaf.  Here’s what you need

1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
2 large bananas, mashed, very ripe
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour a standard loaf pan (I use a Pyrex).

In a medium bowl stir together the flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside. 
 In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar until blended.
  Beat in the banana, then beat in the eggs until completely mixed.  
(I smashed up the bananas with a fork to make them easier to mix)

Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture in three additions, being careful to not overmix.  Stir in the walnuts with a spatula just until blended.
Spread the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.  
Cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
TADA!!  YUMMY!!

Last but not least - Clean Up
(I'm typically a clean cook, this time I'm not sure what happened...)

This recipe is adapted from a Williams Sonoma cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment