Pin It simply southern: Attention To Detail : Home

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Attention To Detail : Home

I love having people over, in fact some of my favorite girls come over every Monday night. The Bachelor is what brings us all together, but we also just love hanging out and having a great time. Many nights of the week you can find other people at my husband and my house. We love to entertain, and one of the most frequent questions we get asked is, "Where did your decor inspiration come from?" Most of the time I answer with, "Well I'm from Arkansas, so I just love the country / shabby chic feel."

I thought that was the truth, and it is to a certain point, but as I was standing in my Step-Mom and Dad's home this weekend; I realized that my style was most definitely influenced by my step-mom, Bev. Her home is A-DORABLE. There is not a corner that is not full of some of the cutest things, her attention to detail is impeccable.  I have posted some photos of her main living area below. I hope you enjoy them. I will post some photos of my home tomorrow, so don't forget to "follow me" / subscribe to my blog, so you can see all of my latest posts.

This wall is my favorite. It is full of cute little signs that say anything from, We call the Hogs, or Life greatest gift is being a Mimi.

Love these old books and old thread bobbins, and of course the Scentsy!

I love this little class jar with the chicken on top. The red apple bring together all the splashes of red throughout her home.

If you haven't caught onto the theme, she loves chickens, and these two are perfect for her home!


The old kitchen utensil wall! Lots of old kitchen utensils have been meticulously placed on this wall, and the outcome is eye catching very unique.



This is my great grandma's (grandma Buckley) table and, what you can see of it hutch. My step mom did the BEST job with cleaning it, and adding these amazing chairs from Pier One! I just LOVE those chairs!

Adorable right?


No comments:

Post a Comment