Pin It simply southern: God's thoughts

Thursday, April 12, 2012

God's thoughts

“How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!”
Psalms 139:17-18 (NLT)

I LOVE THE BEACH
One of my favorite places to go is, most certainly, to a sandy beach. There is something about the warm breeze blowing through your hair, the white sand between your toes, the sound of the waves crashing against the shore, and having not a worry in the world. Its a place I can always count on to relax me, and remove whatever stress is present in my life. The whiter the sand, the bluer the water, the better.

My husband and I went on a seven night cruise for our honeymoon, in June 2010, and we got to visit Grand Cayman Island, Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras. We had such a fab time. I got to see the bluest ocean water I had ever seen, and a true white sand beach. They were all literally breath taking. However all I could find for the next couple of weeks was that white sand. I found it in my shoes, in my towels, suitcases, clothes, swim suits, the list of locations I found, pretty white sand, goes on and on.

TO COUNT THE SAND
If I would have attempted to count all those teeny tiny little grains of sand, I would probably still be counting. In Psalm 139:17-18 it reads,
    
     “How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!”

Can you imagine how many grains of sand there are in this world? Not only the tons of get away grains that tend to make its way back home in our suitcases, but in the entire world. All the beaches, white sand and brown. That is a ton of sand, but God's precious thoughts about us, His children, are far beyond that number.

God loves us, and thinks of us more than we could ever imagine. Every loving parent thinks of their child often, but even more so, does the most loving Father think of His children. If you ever think He isn't listening, isn't present, or doesn't care; you are only a few page turns away from realizing the truth about just how much your Heavenly Father loves you, listens, and cares.

Bye Ya'll


No comments:

Post a Comment