Pin It simply southern: Spring Into Fashion

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Into Fashion

Spring and fall are my two favorite seasons, aside from the allergies, they are packed full of great weather,  fun outdoor activities, and fashion, fashion, fashion.

I have always loved fashion, and tried my best to keep up to date on what is "hot". So this blog is going to be all about, you guessed it, fashion.

From Spring 2012 shoes, to hair, to clothes, even nail polish, I am going to post some of my favorites in this years Spring 2012 Fashion Line up.

The color blocks to your right are the Spring 2012 Color Trends, and if you haven't seen all sorts of clothes show up in these colors, then you must be living in a cave. Everywhere I go I see, margarita (green) shirts, and solar power (yellow) cardigans. These beautiful colors are so stunning! Another thing I have seen a lot of is Tangerine/Red pants. Speaking of tangerine/red pants, that brings me to my next topic...



Colored PANTS! I love love love them! How practical they are for others seasons is the question, but lets just bask for a moment in how darn cute these things are. I personally own them in red, that I pair with a grey and white striped button up, and a cute little grey flat. I love it. Important thing to keep in mind, if you are built like me, that the lighter the color on bottom, the heavier it will make you look, so I am going to fight every temptation, and stay clear of the white skinny pant.






If you know me at all, you know I have a love affair with dresses. I have a ton of them, from formal, to just plain cute summer dresses. These dresses to our right can be found, along with tons more, at Forever21 - which just so happens to be one of my favorite stores.


Shoes and nail polish are pretty much the same colors as what I showed you before in the color blocks above - but here are some photos just in case you want to check them out. Loving these nail polish colors...not the biggest fan of these shoes. Straps and color, color and straps, that is this years spring trent on shoes. To me it looks as though they were taking their cue's off of Lady Gaga, and either I'm just not that brave, or I just know a train wreck when I see one. :)


And last but NOT least it probably the hottest Spring Trend this year - Color Blocking - Very 90's but I think I'm in love. 



I wonder if my mom still has a jacket from the 90's that I could dig out and take. :)

But remember the Simply Southern Golden Rule to fashion
 - Modest is Hotest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment