Pin It simply southern: Baking Up A Storm

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Baking Up A Storm

This coming Sunday our church, Village West Family Church, is having an out reach event called Rake & Bake. We are going to a local neighborhood and knocking on doors and asking people if they would like for us to rake their yards, no strings attached.

The concept seems a little crazy I know, in fact most of the older men and women in our church agreed with this fact, and snickered at the announcement.

My question is though, why can't it work? How many people would love to have someone just come right along and rake their yard NO STRINGS ATTACHED and hand them some delish baked good? (at least I know my muffins are delish)

Single moms, they don't have time.
Elderly couples, they don't have the strength.
"Normal Families", maybe they just don't want to.

That's where we come into play.
We do it for them with a smile on our face, and a prayer in our heart, that God will speak to them through this outreach.

Recently, I haven't spoken to anyone about this, but I have been having an inner struggle with my walk with God. Nothing has happened to bring this struggle about, but I have to constantly check myself to make sure what I am doing is pleasing to God. The urges to do, say, and think things that I shouldn't have been constantly knocking at my door. Because of these struggles, I have not been reading my Bible, I have been leaving church services early, I have been avoiding spending time with God even in prayer.

I have realized this, and I know that this is common, every Christian struggles at times, and I am praying that I am close to the end of this struggle. Satan has came at me full force, and that only makes me realize one thing....God is up to something, and Satan is scared.

I'm honored really, but it has been a tough last 3-4 months. I have never, like most of our church staff, had to fight harder for my salvation, ministry, and family. I know God has huge things up His sleeve, and He desires to use me, but first my heart, mind, and spirit, must be in harmony with His, or He will not be able to use me.

This morning I woke up and started baking muffins for the R&B out reach event, and I listened to Living On The Edge Daily Broadcast, and then I sat down, paused the message and began to sing...Lead Me To The Cross. I got to the chorus, and sang rid me of myself---I belong to you---and I broke down because that is exactly what I need God to do....Rid me of MYSELF. I belong to Him...My soul purpose, the reason my heart beats is to live for, and bring glory to God, and I can't do that if I am constantly caught up in myself.

God You are so amazing. You speak to me even when I am so far away from you. Rid me of myself today Lord, I belong to you, I want to be used by you. Clean my heart, forgive me where I have failed you these past few months, help me put on my armor of God and fight off the temptations of this world.

I love you, I love you, I love you, You are amazing, and there is no one like you. Take me, Mold me into the woman of God you want me to be, and become, speak to me, correct me where I need to be correct, be my way-maker through this time of trial and temptation.

I love you God. Rid me of myself, I belong to you, and only you.

No comments:

Post a Comment