Pin It simply southern: Even Before

Monday, November 7, 2011

Even Before

I've been thinking today a lot about the goodness of God today.

Since November began I thought to myself, "why not tweet/facebook one thing I am thankful for everyday this month?!" Me being me, I thought, What a great, original idea! Well, I apparently wasn't as intelligent and original a I thought I was, because a few days later, I was reading through the news feed, and EVERYONE was doing it.

JW said I started the trend, I say great minds think alike.

Either way, I am glad people are trying to bring some light to this, often depressing world, by being thankful for something everyday, and voicing their blessings over twitter and facebook.

Today I tweeted - ‎#7 Thankful for an amazing God. Who loved me, and believed in me, before I even knew who He was.


I mean...HOW TRUE IS THAT? How often to we just stick out our hands and say God, give me, give me, give me, instead of raising our hands and saying God, Thank you, You are So worthy. 


We as Christians need to, all of us, me included, redirect our hand motion and learn to thank God more, in the good and the bad times. 


Yesterdays Rake & Bake event was in one word....phenomenal.... We met so many new people, and got to, hopefully, bless people that needed to be blessed in the simplest form, by raking their yard. 


I can't begin to express the LOVE my heart feels when I have the opportunity to help people. I'm tear up just talking about it. From the least deserving, to the most, from the homeless, to the abundantly blessed people, I LOVE to help. 


Okay enough about me.


God is so good! I just know that He did such a huge work in all of their lives yesterday. I can't wait to hear the kingdom stories one day.


Have a good day y'all. Be thankful, and blessed today...for everything, BIG and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment