Pin It simply southern: Giving Thanks

Monday, November 21, 2011

Giving Thanks

Its that time of year again where the turkey sales skyrocket, and everyones greatest fear is that they won't be able to find the spice they need to make their stuffing perfect.

Last night our church had their annual Thanksgiving Dinner, and I was impressed. I say that because potlucks are NOT my thing, but it was well organized, only four or six ladies made turkeys, and brought desserts, and believe it or not its taste wasn't half bad either.

Holidays for most bring out their best. Best food, best clothes, best attitudes, but for others, its a time that saddens them, because it brings to memory their loved ones that won't be by their side this year, or they simply just won't be able to see their family.

I am at a cross road myself. I get to surprise my mom for Thanksgiving, so that is very exciting, but because we are youth pastors we have to be here in Kansas City for Christmas day. Meaning, no family on Christmas. JW's family lives here, and we will hopefully get to see them, but this will be my first Christmas not seeing my mom...ever.

Three words...its gonna suck.

Unfortunately the only way "I'll be home for Christmas" will only be "in my dreams"

So that is why I decided that that is my Christmas song for the year.

"I'll be home for Christmas"

"if only in my dreams"

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!! Be thankful for all you have this year....you never know if its the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment