Pin It simply southern: Social Networks

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Social Networks

Call me crazy, call me naive, you can even call me wrong, but I have a hard time reading status' on Facebook that say things like:

"God is my everything" or "Loved going to church today"


and then a few days later they post new status' that have every curse word there is in them.

Call me crazy, call me naive, you can even call me wrong, but this doesn't make any sense to me.

God has called us, as Christians, to live above reproach, He tells us that we are doubly accountable.

Am I the perfect example of what a Christian should live like 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? No probably not. I'm not perfect, no one is. However I do know that the way I live my life in public, through social networks, and even in the privacy of my home, will internally effect my walk with God, and others walk with God.

I'm not pointing fingers, nor am I judging, that is not my place, all I am saying is that Christians have to be extra careful to live, speak, act, and think like God would, at all times...especially on social networks.

Just as those lines in the photo reach from social network, to social network, so do our status updates, photos, and comments, reach person, to person, to person.

I hope while you read, that you realize that my heart is in the right place, not a judgmental approach, at all, but a longing desire to reach the world for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment